Monday, June 23, 2014

BC Flash Blast-53

BC Flash Blast-53

11:45 Monday Jun 23

I love you. I thought I'd get that out of the way first.
It is late afternoon in November
A not-quite shabby hotel
It's as gloomy here as Indiana
Bed at four, dinner at eight
Most of the rooms are occupied by ladies living alone
They watch, they loathe, but there is no fear
A silver bomber idling about dropping leaflets
It seems to be foggy here all the time
A dead man with rope-soled shoes
The people are wonderful, calm
The Russkis seem to have learned a lot from their new friends
Why are you proud of me? I survive, that's all
I have managed to wangle a trip to the front.
Open up the place in Cuba and get drunk for me
It is dark for sixteen hours, then they take to the forest
I miss Sloppies
I have had lovely times walking in virgin snow
Goodnight, Dear Love, Sleep well
I shall not brutalise you with sticks or words
I am tired, Bongie
I admire these small, brave nations
Dead things are so empty, but horses make me cry
In Cuba they like their ladies fat
A Spanish waiter asked me where Finland was
is it wrong for me to be happy, so?

No comments: