Monday, October 23, 2006

Arsenal Sublime

My son is in America so took my daughter to see Reading v Arsenal. We are Reading Fans now we live near but have been fans of Arsenal since the McLintock Days (well I have anyway, kids weren't born).

But getting tickets is damn hard. First time I managed to get tickets with PJ was at Middlesboro when Arsenal won 0-4.

Yesterday I take his sister Bridie to Reading and Arsenal do it again, winning 0-4.

I'm "talking football" because this wasn't just a win. I can honestly say that this is the best I've ever seen any football team play "live". The Reading fans applauded at the end. Some of the Arsenal football was magical, Brazil at their best. And Bridie got a hug of the Reading mascot.



Woke Sunday AM feeling like crap, no more sleep so Boot Camp Admin, check my word-count for the month (29,950) and update the BC Publications for the year.



SUNDAY PROMPTS at 05:55

Crossing the Line

I remember, I remember, the house where I was born

Sussuruss

They kept us close till nigh on noon and then they rang the bell

The Letters of Martha Flint

The beauty of the morning, silent, bare

Albert Backwards

Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

Singing Upside Down

Stained Glass and Other Distractions

Zen and the Art of Fixing a Puncture

The Long and Winding Road

How the make ball-bearings round

The Last Thing He Did

BALLS!

The window is starless, still, the clock ticks

Three-Legged Lambs

I long for scenes where man has never stood

Turkey Soup

No comments: