Friday, October 14, 2011

God's Day Prompts

Ideas, people, following like rigorous proofs

One Man, One Knee

I begin to scream, I am screaming, I have screamed

WINDOW

Lonely men without their neckties. Old men nursing halves

The permanent goodbye

Finally 41

























Let us walk together through certain dirty, silent streets

Overhead on the bus

And it was once September. It was once a soft October evening

God is resting.

On the streets of America, on the streets of America

Am I not of interest now?

Let us go then, you and I

There is a time for murder, there is a time to die

Let us undecide, and be slow about it
















PROTEST

Sit down and I will cook burnt toast and serve cold tea

My counterpane is soft as silk

And I have known their faces. I have seen them all

(SINGING) We've got to get right back to where we started from

To Eat a Peach

Standing until we drown

No comments: