Thursday, December 24, 2020

 Thursday, December 24th, 2020


Xmas Eve Prompts, 13:05

============================

+ +

Guttering full of pigeon-shit, butt-ends, matches
MORTIFIED
At twenty-three miles, cobblestones

+

To understand the pull of blood
Odd flowers in a wrong-sized bowl
To the toilet after Mum
+

The cervix, mother packed with lead
My foisted middle name, Vincent (after de Paul)
Embarrassed by the smell of bum

+
The tick-tick-tick of a passing cyclist
Confetti, given time turns brown and rots Now God sends hailstones

+

Mam has gone to Mars. Shall I take a message?
Mass Murder, Sicily
He also ran a carpet shop in the Grand Bazaar

+

What if one night we all start counting stars?
I sometimes wonder about Puerto Rico
The pigeons leave a feather behind

+

We all deserve a bitchy friend
I had no inkling, never could
Monday Washing, Tuesday Poems, Wednesday Beating

+

She emerges, immaculate, from squalor
I am an ancient desk, your arm a heavy lid, with scratches
Called cunt in front of the kids

+

The commissionaire who made us paper boats
I am experimenting, cross-breeding Tories with Humans
I miss the yacht I haven’t got, the Rolls

++++

No comments: