Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Prompts

A misunderstanding wings in
Bakelite
The spaces between people
Girls in the river, the water up to their waist.
Banana Salad
In the dark houseboats families were stirring
All our lives we must forget
Red Bus
The bride, holding her flowers too tightly
Drip-Dry
I predict my predictions are always wrong
Grief by instalments
On the muddy bank, boys are fishing
And still they die
I sit drinking, thinking. The coffee is bitter
Napkin
Prince Thingumebob, from what’stheplace
Wooden Crosses
What I am is not important
Fear swells the heart
Brute force will do
He trod cautiously over the dead
Champions
Dogs slavering behind barbed wire
Hammer
Syllable has too many syllables
A girl in exile
Pirates
Fool’s Gold still looks nice
Your daughter is accomplished, Madam
SKIP
What EXACTLY is in that sandwich?
Mistakes in Nightclothes
Things bin-men collect
A little bit to prove
The morning hits me like a fuck-off phone-call
What was left was fine
Some bastard stole my life and left my wife

No comments: