Friday, August 01, 2008

JOIN US! Here are prompts and some advice

Please note that there is no "rule" which says you must read "this" set of prompts "NOW" and immediately write a flash.



The purpose of flashing is to UNLEASH, to break your own pre-set rules

but all we want is for you to write fast, unthinking, instinctively, with the gut.



If that means reading lines of poetry or looking at pictures, or listening to music on repeat, that's fine.



If it means reading 1-2-3-4-5 sets of flash prompts, that's fine, too.



What is important is letting rip, writing free of constraints and without planning.



PROMPTS




Burning burning burning burning


Armadillo


Children's voices in the orchard


The Pub Quiz


Where the grey light meets the green air


Lost Voices


I have been here before


SAND


I remember now. I did not know if it was grief or love


Restless nights


It was now a soft October


BLOSSOM


I have gone at dusk through narrow streets


A wallet filled with fat


CHERRY


I will always miss her, miss her


Bike!


The winter evening settles down


Gently, gently


I will row into the current, towards the falls


Tomorrow, then


A South Wales Argus came swirling about my feet


The boys in new kit


Wipe your hand across your mouth, laugh


This hour or so, drinking


Among the Dead Cities


I remember the nights, and the sound of nights


I would like to gently

No comments: