Saturday, December 27, 2008

2009 Prompts. 27-Dec-2008

Do NOT Blink!

Survivors

Late August, given heavy rain and sun

I am growing old but I remember, Jenny kissed me.

By the punnet

Once there was a road here and carts passed

and that has made all the difference

I hear horns, and calling, out in the frost

We are in the business of chocolate

No time to see, in broad daylight

The echo and the blood-lust of a train

Once I was a girl, then drip, a boy became

Ah, distinctly, I remember, it was a hot August night

Some new trick, some trap

And in their turn were they fucked up, remember that

Snake

When ghosts walked the earth

An audio tape will accompany this book

And every April they would paint it pink

And I have known the eyes already, every one


and its flesh was sweet

No comments: