Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday Prompts and a Success

Sorry these are late. I was up at 0700 but forgot to post

PS had an email from an ex Boot Camper who said that a story sparked by a prompt from this blog made the last 50 (of 4,000 or so stories) in The Bridport Prize!


PROMPTS


I read about it in the paper, on the subway, on my way to work.

CHINCH

and brings the sailor home for tea

CHINE

In the Oakland Greyhound all the people were dwarfs

CHINK

Hi there, streets, hi there, squares, hello [i]la foule![/i]

CHINOIDINE

His story begins in New York on the corner of Broadway and Battery Place

CHINOOK

I too awaited the expected guests

CHINTZ

I read it and I couldn't believe it, and I read it again.

CHIPPENDALE

Squalid doubtful figures, family men vaguely happy

CHIPPER

Whe he appears every hat is raised

CHI-RHO

Cutting in ahead of two nuns who were there first

CHIRM

Savitsky, Commander of the Division, rose when he saw me.

CHIROGRAPH

The marvellous beauty of political corruptions

CHIRR

1906 Gun-Boat Diplomacy 2006 Gravy Boat Diplomacy

CHITTER

I meat you in an evil time

CHITTY-FACED

All afternoon is someone's attic

CHIVVY

You who love England, have an ear for her music

CHLAMYDATE

Down the long concourse they came unsteadily

CHLORIC

Then perhaps I just stared at it.

CHLORITE

She thought it was the flaming head of a man whipping like a comet through the sleeping darkness.

CHLOROUS

Oh, what can you do with a man like that?

CHLOROFORM

I buttoned up my coat, balanced myself; advance slowly towards him, touched his shoulder and said:

CHOCKTAW

The cat had begun to clean its whiskers

CHOENIX

We slept, all six of us, beneath a wooden roof that let in the stars

CHOIL

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirro and a razor lay crossed.

CHOKY

The things they carried were largely determined by necessity.

CHONDRE

That evening at Bud and Olla's was special.

CHOPLOGICAL

When it came to concealing his troubles, Tommy Wilhelm was not less capable than the other fellow.

CHORAGIUM

and a bit of her petticoat hanging like a caricature

CHORDEE!

We were always loyal to lost causes

CHOREA

The time had come for him to set out on his journey westward

CHORION (for everyone except Lexie)

No comments: