Thursday, October 05, 2006

Midnight 4th/5th

04 October


(Midnight)

Managed another 1200 words but sheesh it's painful... (might do more yet, in the wee small hours)

Oh what a strained, frustrating day. I have this story and it's coming out in short, painful paragraphs. It feels so IMPORTANT but usually my good ones just pour out. I know why there's a problem (and I ain't saying) but I'm fearful of it imploding or the well running dry.


Spent a small fortune in Borders this morning (even with a 20% student discount) buying loads of set books, text books and 20th Century Novels and poems for my course


Some of the novels I have to read:

The Ghost Road, Pat Barker
Sunset Song, Lewis Grassic Gibbon
Paradise, Abdulrazak Gurnah
Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier
Kiss of the Spider Woman, Manuel Puig
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Philip K Dick
Orlando, Virginia Woolf
The Collected Short Stories, Katherine Mansfield
Prufrock & Othe Poems, T S Eliott
Selected Poems, Seamus Heaney
HOWL, Alen Ginsberg
Poetry of the Thirties, and some Beckett and Chekhov plays

Then NEXT week, I have to read...


anyone wanna join me?

No comments: