Friday, May 17, 2013

PROMPTS, May 17th





Curtains, yellow, sofa, green.

She sleeps, her muscles softened

The world dives to truth and lies - both sides identical

If she wakes up we'll have to talk

Barefoot

Blessing the arrow as it flies

Without any violence, just the weight

Photos of a dead wife

Many cold bedrooms, many open doors

My cupboard full of masks

I worry about mellowing

Of course I'm sweating. it's hot in here!

Sad emails from Ireland

Empty houses sigh, then slowly eat themselves

I didn't like the way he spoke or the fact he spoke at all

20,000 to 80,000 in three days. Impressive!

Room, after room, after room.

At the top of the stairs, beneath the attic hatch

Here, take a flower.

When I was dead (I mean the second time)

A band of naked drummers rattling forth

That is the past, the baited bears, the public hangings

Lytham-St-Annes, more-or-less.

Butter to the throat and other myths

I can tell the story of this place, the village, town, now

We are going. No, really





No comments: